I keep plenty of this yummy, spicy sauce on hand after I harvest my habanero peppers for the year! This sauce is one of my go to sauces when I want something sweet and spicy. It can be used as a glaze on anything you grill or bake. You can also use it as a sweet dipping sauce….if you can handle the heat!
- 3 – 4 habanero peppers chopped
- 1 cup chunk fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- In a pan over low heat, heat the pineapple, garlic, ginger, and lemon juice, stirring frequently until the pineapple becomes soft.
- Add the honey, habanero pepper, and vinegar and continue to heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place the mix into a blender. Pulse blend to desired thickness.
- Let sauce sit for a minimum of 15 minutes to allow flavors to set.