I love these nachos! They are delish and good for you. I make these at least twice a month! You can serve them for dinner, a snack, or as an appetizer for game day! They are so easy to make and are packed with flavor! They are a healthy alternative to an all time favorite!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 avocado, diced or smashed
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 F and lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry your sweet potatoes, then use a vegetable peeler to peel them. Slice them into ¼ inch rounds and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, using your hands to ensure that each round is evenly coated. Season with paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper, tossing well.
- Place rounds in a single layer on your baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, turning them over halfway through to ensure they don’t burn.
- Remove from oven and transfer rounds to a cast iron skillet or oven safe dish, allowing the edges to slightly overlap. Top with beans and cheese before returning to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped green onions. Serve with avocado, Greek yogurt or sour cream, and salsa.