In recognition of National T.V. Dinner Day, I am sharing my favorite part of the Fried Chicken dinner…the corn! Ever since I was a kid I loved the corn! TV dinners were a treat when we were growing and there was just something about the buttery corn that I will never forget! This is not your TV dinner corn. It’s amped up and grown up but always brings back the memories from my childhood. Delicious never gets old! Hope you enjoy!
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups of fresh or thawed frozen corn
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Add onion and green bell pepper; sauté for 2 minutes; stir in flour and salt. Gradually add the sour cream. Heat until it just begins to bubble, stirring constantly; add corn and heat through; stir in half of the cilantro
- Transfer corn and sour cream mixture to a 2-quart casserole or serving dish; top corn casserole with remaining chopped cilantro.