Keep it light tonight with this one pot Vegetarian pasta dish. This creamy dish has a tangy note from the lemon that will have you returning to the pot for seconds! Simply delicious!
- 9 ounces fettuccine
- 2/3 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Lemon rind strips (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander over a bowl; reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Combine ricotta, 1 teaspoon rind, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper; sauté 2 minutes. Add walnuts, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil and juice. Add pasta, pasta water, and spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Top with ricotta mixture and rind strips, if desired.