Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 lb boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 3×1/2×1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 carton (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed (from 8-oz package)
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 6 cups hot cooked noodles or rice
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add beef strips, onion and garlic; cook 7 to 9 minutes or until beef is browned.
- In 3 1/2- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker, mix beef mixture, soup, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting 5 to 6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir cream cheese into beef mixture until melted. Stir in sour cream until well blended. Serve over noodles or rice.