When the temperatures soar, I do not want to turn on kitchen appliances and cook! I use my Instant Pot Slow Cooker option on days where I want to set it and forget it! The Instant Pot has so many incredible features! You can even bake with it! This is a must have, add to your kitchen gadget repertoire!
- 1-1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 pound red or another waxy potato, cut into 1″ cubes
- one 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup light cream or coconut milk
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1-2 tablespoons curry powder (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lemon, optional
- 1 cup peas
- 4-6 cups hot cooked rice, for serving
- Have your Instant Pot ready to go. Place chicken and potatoes into the slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, cream (or coconut milk), onion, ginger, curry powder, and salt.
- Mix the ingredients and place the lid on the Instant Pot and choose the Slow Cooker option/4 hours.
- Before serving, add the lemon juice, if desired, and peas. (The peas will cook from the residual heat.)
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
***Just click on the words Instant Pot to order yours today!