Fried chicken is always my quick, easy go to when I need to prepare a quick meal or round up something for a potluck or picnic. My fried chicken doesn’t require dredging so its quick and clean up is virtually non-existent. The key to great tasting fried chicken is to season the bird and the flour. This chicken is flavorful, crunchy and easy…you will make this dish over and over again! Enjoy!
- 8 chicken drumsticks ( or whatever parts you like)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground thyme
- 1 qt. oil for frying
- Season chicken with 1 tbsp. of the garlic salt and the pepper well with salt and pepper.
- In a plastic storage bag or heavy paper bag, mix flour ,the remaining garlic salt, paprika, and thyme.
- Place chicken in bag with flour mixture. Shake until chicken is well coated.
- Heat oil in large skillet until it reaches 350°F. Place chicken in hot oil. Fry until chicken browns, about 20 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 165°F.
- Drain on paper towels.