I love to prepare this dish for my family on cold, rainy days. It’s easy to make and is a dish you can feel good about eating because it is full of healthy ingredients. Using sweet potatoes gives the stew another level of flavor you will love. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (32-oz.) container beef broth
- 1 (3-lb.) boneless chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet onions, cut into eighths
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (about 1 lb.)
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Whisk together first 2 ingredients until smooth.
- Sprinkle beef with flour, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
3.Cook beef, in batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until browned. Place in a 6-qt. dutch oven. Add sweet potatoes, next 8 ingredients, and broth mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 hour or until beef is tender.