I prepared this dish to celebrate National Strawberry Day! If you love strawberries and avocados as much as I do then you will love this recipe. Surprisingly delicious, appealing to the eye, and easy to prepare, this dish will be a favorite of everyone who tries it! Enjoy!
- 3 avocados
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove and discard the seeds. To help the avocados remain upright during cooking, create a flat surface for them to rest on by slicing a small area (about the size of a postage stamp) off the back side of each half, being careful not to cut too deeply into the avocado. Place the avocados on a rimmed baking sheet, flesh side up. Rub a small amount of olive oil over the flesh. Transfer to your preheated oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- While the avocados are baking make the strawberry salsa. Gently mix together the strawberries and the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- After 8 minutes, remove the avocados from the oven. Carefully fill each half with some of the strawberry salsa. Place the avocados back in the oven for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. These are best when eaten while still slightly warm.