I can never get enough of ice-cream. I don’t care if it’s hot or cold outside, my craving for ice-cream never wains especially if it is homemade ice-cream. Homemade ice-cream has a rich, creamy flavor that sets it apart from store bought. Once you try this recipe, you will be a little disappointed with the other stuff!
2 cups of fresh mint
1 cup whole milk (you can use low-fat milk)
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cups sugar
2 tbs chopped chocolate or mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chill the cream. Wash mint leaves very well. Drain them completely.
- Bring milk to a boil. Chop the mint and add them to milk. Add sugar as well. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Filter the milk and press down the leaves against a filter to extract the flavor completely.
- Add cream to this. If using low fat milk, just scoop the top portion and discard the whey.
- Whip it using a hand blender until thick. Or churn it in a ice cream maker for 15 to 20 mins.
- Transfer half of the ice cream to a freezer safe bowl. If using choco chips you can add them directly to the ice cream, Or Melt the chopped chocolate with milk. Drizzle over the ice cream. Transfer the rest of the ice cream and then the chocolate
- Freeze until set or overnight.