I love cobbler and this recipe. It gives you the flexibility to use your favorite fruit or whatever is in season and you can use fresh or frozen fruit. I made this Blackberry Cobbler as a substitute for National Plum Pudding Day! This recipe is so quick and delicious, it will be your go to when you just want cobbler or need to put together a quick, easy, yummy dessert for company. Enjoy!
- 1 cup self-rising flour or all purpose flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups of your favorite fresh or frozen fruit (thawed)
- 1/2 cup butter
- Put fruit in large bowl and sprinkle with 1 tbsp sugar, stir and let sit while you prepare the cobbler batter.
- Melt butter or margarine in 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and milk. Pour mixture into the pan. Spread fruit evenly around the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, until the crust turns golden brown. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Note: You can prepare in individual ramekins if you like, just divide the ingredients between the number of dishes.