I know the flavors sound strange but this frozen yogurt is delicious and refreshing. I like to sprinkle almonds on top but chocolate shavings are yummy too! The color of this dish is Ahmazing! Whenever I serve this dish to people who claim they don’t like beets, they love it and so will you!
- 3 Cups of 2% Greek Yogurt
- 5 Beets
- 1/2 Cup of Honey
- 1 Tsp. Olive Oil
- Sprinkle of Salt
Note: Thoroughly wash your beets to prevent them from tasting like dirt.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap your beets in aluminum foil, drizzle with a tsp. of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 45 minutes until the beets are fork tender. Let cool slightly and you will be able to remove peel with ease.
- Puree your beets until smooth. Chill completely, at least two hours.
- After your puree is smooth, combine your yogurt, beet puree, and honey into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add to your ice cream machine’s frozen sleeve and follow your exact machine’s instructions. If you don’t have an ice cream machine, you can simply freeze the mixture.
- Churn the yogurt for about 30 minutes until the consistency is that of soft serve.
- Serve immediately or freeze to serve later.