I love tacos but sometimes I just don’t want the usual meat and tortilla. I have been making this dish for many years and somewhere down the road learned that homemade taco seasoning makes all the difference in the flavor of this dish! The dish is quick, easy, and full of the taco flavor we crave! You will love it!
- 1 lb of ground beef or turkey
- 1 can of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup of your favorite Chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons homemade or store bought taco seasoning
- I cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
Note: I always use homemade Taco Seasoning. You can tweak the ingredients to suit your taste and it makes the dish so much more flavorful. You can also make a larger batch and have it on hand when you need Taco Seasoning.
Homemade Taco Seasoning:
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder.
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder.
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder.
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano.
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin.
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt.
- Mix Ingredients & Enjoy!
- Cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in salsa and taco seasoning; simmer 5 minutes. Spoon meat mixture in crust-lined pan; sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. Place in ungreased 9-inch square pan or 10-inch pie plate; press over bottom and up sides to form crust.
- Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese is melted. Served topped with lettuce, tomato,and sour cream if desired.